Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My new 14 week physique!


I've noticed there are several takes on when the first trimester ends and the second begins, but I'm pretty sure I've crossed over! I feel better now than I ever felt in the last 10 weeks. That's a long time to feel sick, and I'm still not quite sure how and why people go through this multiple times, but I'm sure I'll end up doing this again in a few years. Nemo will need some biological brothers and sisters, although I really hope he/she ends up with adopted ones, too. We have to practice parenting on Nemo before we adopt, just to make sure we know what we're doing, but adoption is seriously something God's placed on our hearts that we hope to do when the timing is right.
Pregnancy is starting to get alot more fun, especially since I cracked and bought some basic maternity clothes this week! With none of my shorts or pants fitting anymore, I had no choice. I thought I could find non-maternity bottoms that were stretchy, but apparently that style is like, SO two years ago. I got a great pair of jeans, khakis, and one pair of shorts, which should be enough to get me through the next several months because, honestly, who actually looks at your pants? Shirts are much more attention-grabbing, and fortunately for me I can buy stretchy Old Navy shirts for five dollars like the one in this picture. I did let myself purchase just one frilly, billowy maternity shirt because it was so fun to wear! I'll try to restrain myself from now on, though. I spent the rest of the day after my shopping trip rationalizing to PC why I spent a hundred dollars on clothes, how it fit into our budget, and how we could make up for it by not going out to expensive dinners for a few weeks. I think he was so exhausted from hearing me discuss the ramifications of my big purchase that he knows he can trust me not to go out and blow our money on frivolities. :) Speaking of PC, he is doing great at training! I'm so proud of him. He's really busy and mentally preoccupied but still takes time to learn about my day, talk about all the baby-related topics on my mind, and of course listen to his son or daughter's heartbeat with me every night. Today we've been married for one and a half years! He is the cutest husband in the world...and speaking of him, I'm going to meet him on base right now for lunch and workout.

7 comments:

Paige said...

You look so cute!! I'm glad you're feeling better. The second trimester really is the best. Take advantage of it while you can!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for letting us in. I'm so excited for you two and your new little Nemo. There's truly nothing like the first... and second...and third...and fourth... :)

Kristin said...

Hey...maybe someday you will be looking for a great vacation spot and we can host your family and really get to know you in person!

In the meantime, fun to read your blog. Glad you are feeling better.

People often say I must like to be pregnant with having so many children so close together...NOT! I just like the end result so much I suffer through until the reward.\

You look great!

Melinda said...

About a year after your baby is born, you somehow forget how hard pregnancy is. That's when you want to do it all over again. I think that convenient "forgetting" is Heavenly Father's trick to get us to have more kids.

You look beautiful and I'm so excited for you and PC. There truly is nothing like a first child...it's purely amazing!!

Carrie said...

You are a cute pregnant lady! I'm so excited that we get to have babies born pretty much at the exact same time...this family really knows how to multiply and replenish, that's for sure! Thanks for letting me in on the blog. Love it! Oh- and I never forgot how hard it was after Peyton...I just know we want to have another or we'll be dealing with Kid-Zilla here soon. :)

Amy Spalding said...

What a cutie you are!! Pregnancy looks good on you! It is so fun to read about what's going on in your life. If you're ever out Utah way, let us know!

Haley said...

Hey Christen! Welcome to blogging! I love your pregnant pictures. Now I know what 'I love finding nemo' really means!