Friday, June 5, 2009

Packing on the pounds


Fortunately, that is NOT a description of what I'm doing - at least I hope not, although I did eat some (reduced fat) oreos with breakfast! I have 10-15 pounds to get rid of before I return to my pre-pregnancy weight, but this post is about our little chunk of a baby, not me. Yesterday we had our two week well-baby appointment (and I was very grateful PC didn't have to work that morning so he could drive us), where we were hoping to see little EE back up to his birthweight of 8 pounds 7 ounces and instead found him to be 9 pounds 10 ounces. And we thought it was just his bulky cloth diapers that were making him feel heavy. We marveled at another 2 week old in the waiting room who resembled a baby bird more than the sumo wrestler that EE does. Babies really do come in all shapes and sizes! He is a very well baby, for which we are very thankful, and we had a good time laughing while the pediatrician tested his reflexes and muscles on the table. He was just so darn cute wriggling around on his stomach and trying to lift up his head. I wonder how many other parents laugh at their kids' doctor visits? But I certainly wasn't laughing when they poked his little heel for the PKU test. Poor guy, he was traumatized after that! But we truly thank God for a healthy, stocky, chubby, big... child. I can already tell he's built like his dad in some ways! Speaking of his dad, he's on his way home with some dates and tentative orders. Looks like little EE will only be able to say he spent the first 3 months of his life or so in Texas! More later. :)

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh, I am so happy for little EE. What a blessing to be so healthy! Now you can sit back, relax, and watch him grow :)

I'm anxious to hear your new assignment...Utah is a great place :)

Kristin said...

He is just absolutely precious! And 10-15 pounds left after only 2 weeks is great news for you.

Glad he is healthy and strong and that everything with delivery went smoothly for your both.

Amy Spalding said...

He is an absolute doll! We make 'em chunky, too. It's the best way to do it :)

Haley said...

He is so cute Christen. I love the chub on babies. When do you find out where you are moving? You have so many people in so many different states maybe you'll end up near some type of family.