One of the highlights of my quick trip was going to Epcot the night before I left! Mom, thanks for taking the picture to commemorate this occasion of Dad going out on a weeknight. :) He really went out of his way to make a special memory for me that evening! And of course D was delightful to catch up with during those few days. He took me mini-golfing and completely cleaned my clock at Fantasia Gardens, as always. I have oodles of great pics, too many to post on here, but he can rest assured that I will never forget that visit, he's the greatest little brother ever!
The day after I got back to TX, our friends here threw us a baby shower. They are so fantastic...I never would have dreamed that after living here for less than a year, we would have such a supportive network of likeminded friends. We did pray for God to provide us with friends before we moved here, but as is often the case we can't imagine how amazingly He'll answer until He makes it happen! PC and several of the girls' husbands came too on the condition that they
could barbecue outside and not be subjected to the girliness of a classic baby shower. It turned out to be pretty fun for everyone, and PC eventually came in for presents so he could see what Nemo got!
We already had this onesie, but I'm sure it will become a favorite and we'll always have an extra handy.
In work news, the excitement is building as we get closer to finding out what PC will be flying and where we'll be moving this summer. He's currently interested in JSTARS, B-52s, and AWACS to some extent. Those planes could land us in Georgia, Louisiana, North Dakota, or Oklahoma, in my understanding. Of course, I'm extra excited about the Georgia option because it's only 314 miles from Disney World (the aircraft briefer actually mentioned that to the class!), and I also happen to know some really cool people who hang out in Georgia. I guess we've become accustomed to the South and don't exactly want to leave! But wherever the Lord sends us will be perfect for us. The squadron had what's called a Scarf Drop this
month for the students to choose whether to specialize in advanced navigation or electronic warfare for the remainder of the training program, and I was super proud (but not surprised) to see PC ranked in the top third of his class when he went up to select his blue (advanced nav) scarf! Here he is chugging his choice. The cups were filled with what I hear was a mix of Kool-aid and some kind of alcohol. Mmmmmm. They picked which color cup to drink out of based on their career selection, making this seemingly casual get together a pretty big deal that will determine alot about their futures! Alright, this post is getting very long and full of pictures as I try to summarize the entire month of March. What's left is coverage of PC's birthday and some baby updates, but I'm thinking that will have to wait for another post because I have to leave for a nonstress test at the hospital in a little while. Plus I'm tired of trying to format these pictures, every time you insert a new one the whole post gets messed up! So, more another time. :)
1 comment:
How fun! How full and happy your lives sound! How exciting to be having your little baby! Congratulations! (Cousin Dan and Kim)
Post a Comment