Sunday, September 13, 2009

Big Day!

I have to make this quick because both of the boys are asleep and I can do whatever I want for these fleeting moments. This morning we went back to a great church that the Lord showed us a few weeks ago, and having finally decided to attend there, we dropped E off in the nursery while we went to our small group. He did AMAZINGLY! The childcare worker who delivered him to me at pickup said he was perfect, didn't fuss at all and slept for a long while. Well, of course he was perfect. :) I was the one who almost cried when we dropped him off. It was so weirdly wonderful sitting in small group for an hour and a half without him. I kept feeling for the pager to vibrate, but I knew deep down that he would be fine. And our friends have finally seen us without our third third (you know, like "other half," except with three), which is really important when trying to build relationships with other couples - you don't want to be the annoying couple that's always halfway distracted with their child and doesn't listen. Both M and I try to go to Bible study with these same wonderful people on Tuesday nights, and since one is for the men and one for the ladies, I usually end up taking E with me. I was hoping M would watch him for me this week and let me have a little bit of girl time, but my friend who's hosting this week asked me today if I'd be bringing the little one to her house Tuesday. "I'd rather not..." I responded, ready to explain that M could watch him every once in awhile. But before I could, she said "Oh good! I LOVE it when you bring him! Please bring him." That's about sign # 100 that we picked the right church this time. :) Thank you Lord...so we'll either stay at this church for the next few years or we'll be picking a new one in North Dakota this summer. Ah, the neverending excitement! I'll try to get some cute pictures together for my next post, if I can successfully ration some of my computer time away from facebook to accomplish that!

No comments: