
As soon as we knew that there was someone inside my belly, we decided to call him Nemo (not saying he's a boy, just had to pick a pronoun and "he" sounds more generic). I'm pretty sure it was PC's idea, and I love it. We'll have a real name for him eventually, but I have a feeling this nickname will stick with him for awhile. We were especially tickled to think that we'd be "finding Nemo" (like the movie) at our ultrasounds! Well, today we found Nemo. He is just beautiful. It was one of the most amazing moments of my life when the technician turned the screen toward me and I saw his heart beating. He was swimming around, have a good old time in there, with his little arm buds tucked under his chin. I saw his round head, his round little body, his legs and his spinal cord, too! Today has seriously added an entirely new dimension to my life. How incredible to think that everyone started out like that at 10 weeks! I know we have much further to go towards having a healthy baby in the outside world with us, but nothing could ever take away the joy of seeing the heartbeat of a little life that God has had planned since the creation of the world, and that he chose to make through us. Everyone says that becoming parents opens up new realms of understanding about God's love for us, and I can't wait to really feel like a parent and experience what's it's like to be completely responsible for someone's life. Right now I guess I'm responsible for Nemo's life to an extent, but all I can really do to affect what's going on in there is to choke down some decent food and not fall down any stairs. I'm definitely doing my best with that. :) So there's N
emo's first picture, and the smaller images on the right show him in different positions during his swim routine! Oh, and this is me being really excited when the technician left the room. She said that although it was against hospital policy for patients to take pics in the exam room, she'd have no way of knowing what happened if she left me alone for a few minutes. I liked Anita the ultrasound tech! Tomorrow I have another appointment where I might get to steal a listen to his heartbeat. It's a big day for everyone, since PC has his first checkride tomorrow! He'll be flying somewhere over the Gulf or the lower U.S. while all of this is going on. Hmmmm, I should probably blog about training updates, too, since he's doing some very cool stuff. More on that later! Thanks everyone for your prayers, they're working!!!
emo's first picture, and the smaller images on the right show him in different positions during his swim routine! Oh, and this is me being really excited when the technician left the room. She said that although it was against hospital policy for patients to take pics in the exam room, she'd have no way of knowing what happened if she left me alone for a few minutes. I liked Anita the ultrasound tech! Tomorrow I have another appointment where I might get to steal a listen to his heartbeat. It's a big day for everyone, since PC has his first checkride tomorrow! He'll be flying somewhere over the Gulf or the lower U.S. while all of this is going on. Hmmmm, I should probably blog about training updates, too, since he's doing some very cool stuff. More on that later! Thanks everyone for your prayers, they're working!!!
4 comments:
Well I have to say that's the most beautiful fetus I've seen in a long time! My grandfetus. :-) That pic of you and the screen behind you (I just can't imagine how THAT happened, being against the rules and all...darn phones have a mind of their own) would make a GREAT pregnancy announcement if only you could Photoshop Mason in there!
How can you have a blog with just your mother????? That's not fair!!!! I love Nemo's and you can talk weith Mindy about all the upchucking and groaning in the world. This surely is an ever expanding family!!! Congratulations!!!!!!
Aunti Karen and Unca Dick (we're in Canada right now)
I've been reading Mindy's blog and she has it alot worse than me!! I felt bad about complaining after I read hers. :)
Congratulations again! I'm looking forward to reading all about your pregnancy. It'll give me some idea of what I'm in for eventually :-)
Post a Comment