Now that Christmas vacation is over and PC is back to work, it's time for me to get back to my blogging fun. Not that this is a vital social service or anything, but it is a cool thing to do throughout the next few months, after which I really have no conception of how much time I'll have to do things like this. Yup, I am living up my free time, working on my $10.00 puzzle version of a $2000.00 James Coleman painting to glue together and put up on the wall, getting together with friends, being available to help and hang out with PC, and even trying to plan another trip to Florida before the baby comes. Honestly this fulltime wife gig is great, but that is probably just because it's what God made me to do. He has a tendency to give us the desires of our heart if we delight ourselves in Him. Sweet. Well, Christmas vacation in sunny Florida was great fun! Seeing my family after 5 months (minus our webcam chats, which are nice, but I can't hug anybody that way) was AMAZING. I will never, ever forget meeting them in the airport the day we got in! It was truly magical, and only fitting for the happiest place on earth. PC and I had a grand schedule for dividing our vacation time between in-laws and parents, but I ended up scratching th
at a few days into the trip and decided to spend most of the time with my super

cool parents and cute, fun brother. My sister was there, too, but we don't exactly hang out - that's a long story, and I sincerely hope things will change soon. Anyhow, having both our families living in the same city is a blessing because we get to see both in the same trip, but it's hard to figure out how to split the time. So, we just split up instead. :) Next year this will get more dicey because we'll have a cute little baby boy that everyone wants to see. We are thinking of plopping down in one place and letting everyone know where we are so they can come to us! Being pregnant has made me way more feisty. Nobody should mess with me right now, and I know I'm not the only pregnant woman who has ever felt like this. I think God made it that way because all of a sudden we have this little person to stick up for who can't stick up for himself yet, and that manifests itself through sticking up for any and every just cause like it's a life or death situation! His coming will definitely change the way we do things. Here is our littl

e Nemo at 21 weeks

and 1 day. He appears to be a boy, yay! The ultrasound tech sounded quite sure. His exact words were, "This is a boy." We think he looks a little bit like a monkey in the first picture, and given my strong dislike for monkeys I kind of hope that was just the angle. I can't help but notice that alot of babies look like monkeys, so if ours does too, I know I will love his monkey face. Everything looked good (meaning the tech didn't send a doctor into our room or say "uh-oh" o

r anything like that), for which we are praising the Lord because we've been praying for him to grow perfectly and healthily in there! He is so much more real now. We're having trouble continuing to call him Nemo since we're sure of the name, but I'm not quite ready to share it yet. It's a really big deal naming a new person! If the pregnancy continues to proceed smoothly, this was the second and final ultrasound. He looks so big compared to his 10 week picture where he looked like a gummy bear with an oversized head. When we got home from the hospital yesterday I said, "I'm putting these new pictures up on the fridge with his old baby pictures!" As if his 10 week pics were baby pics and the new ones are not...? And here's how he's looking from the outside these days (at 21 weeks). We cannot believe this is the year our baby will be born. 2009 is bound to be exciting. PC is starting his out-and-back flights tomorrow, where they fly to another state (tomorrow is North Carolina), stay for a couple hours and then fly back home later in the day. It'll be a couple more months before he gets his plane assignment, which will determine whether April, May and June will be slow or busy months as well as where we move this summer. Like I said, an exciting year! To the friends we saw over the holidays, we had such a fantastic time getting together with you (you know who you are) and can't wait to do it again soon! Keep in touch, keep reading my blog, and then make your own blog for me to read. :)
4 comments:
I understand the whole spitting the family time drama. I am not looking forward to that! I like the "make them come to you" idea. Let me know how that works.
Love,
Molly
You guys did a great job of peacefully navigating around both families, as well as keeping your own little family content! So don't think we'll ever complain about ANY visit and how you spend your time. We like knowing you'll wander in at some point after being out, and I think it's great you both have so many people to see here in addition to family. You couldn't make us feel snubbed even if you tried! :-) Our Nemo is getting big FAST! Love the recent pic and knowing he's a little guy. I know how prepared you were to hear "It's a girl!" so what a truly neat surprise to have a little boy and I still can't get over Mason's expression on the webcam that told it before you did and Mason isn't easy to read! And oh, I'll remember not to mess with you. :-)
You look great! Glad you had such a great time in Florida, and that you got to go in the first place.
So I realize you aren't a super avid blogger, but thought I would tag you anyway to give you something more to blog about!
Plus, we are ready for a belly update.
Here is the tag:
http://mindthemommy.blogspot.com/2009/02/sixth-picture.html
Post a Comment