Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Welcome Little Buddy!


Our little buddy got here at 1:24 am on Thursday, May 21. He is so cute, and we love him so much! Here he is heading home from the hospital with us just a day and a half after his birth. The Lord blessed us so much with a smooth labor and delivery and an easy recovery. He's almost a week old and already looks older! Right now he's sleeping in his bouncer, and I should be taking the advice to sleep while he sleeps, but I chose breakfast, TV and blogging instead. :) My mom was the biggest help and support we could have had last week. She flew in while I was in early labor and just left yesterday, which was pretty devastating because she had been here with us for the entirety of EE's short life and I felt a little less capable of taking care of him without her here just in case! ... [a few hours and a nap later] ... PC came home around noon today and kept him quiet so I could sleep. That felt REALLY good. Anyway, I'm still a complete basketcase today but I think that'll get better when we start resuming a normal routine. Today it's just kind of survival we're after. :) It's so hot outside, I hate to see him sweat, so I'm not sure how often we should be taking him out in the brutal Texas heat or how long we should wait. He's bearing with us while we figure all of this stuff out! I'm off to feed him again, although he looks pretty happy sitting on Dad's lap while he plays Mario Kart and tries to get rid of his hiccups. What a little blessing!!!

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Ok, you officially have your daddy shots and PC is so darling with his little boy! I love that picture.

And YOU! Wow! You seem to be such a mentally prepared mommy. You aren't freaked out by the "basket-case" feeling. And most importantly, you know it will pass as life gets going again. Good for you!

A big congratulations to you, PC, and little EE. Lots of love to you from all of us!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, Christen! He is SOOOO sweet and cute. You will start feeling confident, if you haven't already. The little ones are really forgiving, all they really need is love and he's got plenty of that!

Patti said...

I'm still a basketcase! It seems so wrong to watch this little guy come into the world and then get on an airplane a few days later??!! But I'm just feeling sorry for myself....I have NO worries about you and Mason providing for his every need. I want to be there because he's so cute and fun to hold and I love him, not because you're not capable of taking care of him. I'm just sayin'. :-)

Katie said...

Your baby is so cute! I love the first picture! He looks so tiny in his car seat!! Once upon a time, Jimmy looked like that too! Congratulations!!

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

First babies are in a class by themselves......you'll never have another first baby!!! He looks lovable........and that poor grama of his........not being there all the time!

Jennifer said...

I chose eating and tv and a connection the the outside world over sleeping too! :o)