Thursday, August 6, 2009

Blog loser!

I've been a total blog-loser this summer. I think I warned all (two) of my readers in the last post that I wouldn't be updating much til we moved, but still, how pathetic that I let most of our fun summer activities go by without chronicling them! Oh well. I've decided that my code letters for hubby and baby are too confusing, since somebody (who shall remain nameless) said that the first time they read my blog, they wondered why I was talking about my computer so much (PC). So, let's just call my husband M, and our baby Z. Technically his name starts with E, but Z is such a unique letter and a cool nickname of his, so M and Z they are. I pondered renaming the page "E=MC squared" (get it?), but that would just be nerdy. I digress...


I'm now blogging from Louisiana, in slightly cramped, moldy, and buggy temporary lodging on Barksdale Air Force Base. I know, this is making everyone jealous. Granted, this building has been here for about 80 years, and it's reasonably nice for the price! We're staying here until base housing opens up for us, hopefully within the next couple of weeks. This must be good for us as a couple, being content with different standards of living for short periods of time as we move across the country and realize that even though all of our earthly possessions are in storage and we know practically nothing about this new place, it's home because we're here together. Never in my life did I think I'd be living in this state. NEVER! Neither did M, but we're taking it all in. When we went to Texas, we knew it was going to absolutely awesome, and it was - if I could have chosen to live in any state for that first year in the Air Force, it would have been Texas, and it was all we thought it would be! We're dealing with the change in our own way, letting ourselves start sentences with "Back in San Antonio..." only when we're talking to each other or friends who've also experienced the splendor of Randolph AFB. Air Force bases are inherently un-shady, but the surrounding area is a bit shady. We've only been here since Monday night, but we've been considering the pros and cons of staying here versus going to Minot, ND next year. It's not our choice, but we have a say in the matter. I've been googling Minot, and I can't say at this point whether I'd rather stay or go.


My little buddy is waking up here, so I need to post a recent picture of him and call it quits on this post for now! The one of him & me is from just a couple weeks ago late July, and the one of him with M was taken just last week. We have yet to get a really great family pic, but I'll post it when we do. :)

3 comments:

Galloping Grandparents (GG) said...

Hmmmm, better check with Karla on Minot....she might have some insight into that area as far as living. The winters are brutal!!! Z is a cutie but don't let his grama have too much control over him!!:)

Patti said...

How can I be a control freak from 900 miles away? ;-) And I kinda like the E=MC2. You should re-read this 3 months from now when you're settled and I bet you'll feel differently! Sort of like how your early pregnancy posts were amusingly horrid in retrospect. Sometimes it's a good thing that nothing lasts forever, especially when it comes to dark, cramped, bug-infested temporary quarters. ;-)

Carrie said...

Glad you made it through the move so far! I agree with Aunti Patti- I likes the E=MC2. I think it's clever, not nerdy.
I gotta give it up to you- I can't imagine moving right now with a baby! You're a champ ;)