However, for the one or two friends and family members that don't have facebook, I would like to say hello and that I really do like you, it's just that the rest of the world posts updates on facebook and I have unfortunately fallen into the category of "the rest of the world" in this case. Ordinarily I TRY not to do things that are super popular, but this one just sucked me in and kept me there.
On Resurrection Sunday, the three of us took a lovely walk down one of our local paths and found that the Louisiana wildflowers are in bloom and quite beautiful. :) E is about 10 1/2 months, and he enjoyed his first Easter! No eggs, bunnies, or candy, no new Easter outfit or fancy dinner - "just" a day with his adoring parents celebrating that Jesus Christ is risen indeed and that because He lives, we do too. I need to foster that kind of excitement every day about the resurrection, because it's true every day of the year! The perfect spring day and blooming wildflowers reminded me of what God's Word says about newness: "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:17). How illustrative spring is of renewal. The Bible is full of renewal - covenant renewals, physical renewal, spiritual renewal. And it is all accessible to me, to us, through the grace of God through Jesus Christ. "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" (Romans 3:22-24). Justified freely, with justified meaning free of blame! So I am free of blame, for every grievous sin I've committed against God and others, with my every wayward thought being just as grievous to the heart of God as if I'd actually carried out that thought. Sounds cliche, but grace is truly amazing. :) Blog page, I think I will keep you around, if for no other reason than that you give me a quiet place to record truths that God's been patiently revealing to me!
M graduates from this current B-52 training on or about May 14, which will officially end his student status. Woohoo! He'll be working at an active duty squadron here, with more predictable (but probably longer) hours. We're hoping to take a vacation to Florida this summer to celebrate, especially since word on the street is that this time next year he'll be deployed to Guam for about 6 months. We're determined to soak up every moment of this summer together, since we haven't been able to spend the summer together for the past few years!
Naptime is over, so is my post.
2 comments:
Your baby is turning into a little boy! Cute!
E is adorable and I love that you refer to him as E. ^_^ And WHEN did I miss that you guys were in Lousianna? How fun? We keep thinking we'd love to move there especially for Law School for Brandon. He says he's figured it out and that it's "actually cheaper to go to LSU". But to pack up, find a babysitter, find a job, etc is all so overwhelming. I will keep you posted! How fun would that be to live so much closer to you guys!
Post a Comment