It'll be here in 2 days and we're pleasantly surprised at how much we're enjoying staying in Louisiana with just the 3 (almost 4) of us. It's our first Christmas ever not spent in Orlando, though we did spend Thanksgiving there, and God is so good to have given us a beautiful family and home in which to enjoy the holiday apart from our parents. It's making us feel more like grown-ups, I think, and right now that's nice.
Below is a video of one of the greatest Christmas songs I have ever heard, and this coming from one who is not a big fan of Christmas songs in general. I often find them cliche and repetitive, even though the entrance of the one and only Savior into the world was surely nothing of the sort. This song does a great job of capturing what it may have been like. It's called "The Night Before Christmas" by Brandon Heath (if you play the video, mute the music on the bottom of the page first).
May God draw each of us closer to Him this coming year that we may know Him better than ever before!
No comments:
Post a Comment