Reflecting on the lyrics made me realize how very important each of my words is throughout the day, especially to the four precious people living inside my home.
We can turn a heart with the words we say
Mountains crumble with every syllable
Hope can live or die
When 4-year-old Ezekiel lays in bed at night looking up at me and Mason with those big, deep brown eyes, we tell him that God has BIG plans for his life and that we are so excited to see them unfold. I can almost see hope for the future springing up in Ezekiel's young heart at these words.
So speak Life, speak Life
To the deadest darkest night
Speak life, speak Life
When the sun won't shine and you don't know why
Look into the eyes of the brokenhearted
Watch them come alive as soon as you speak hope
You speak love, you speak life
When we meet Kamelia in the coming weeks and later this year bring her home, we will be embracing her past - all of her suffering, loneliness, and brokenness - as we embrace her. We will take her burden on ourselves, knowing that there is power in the name of Jesus to break every chain. We will look into her beautiful brown eyes that have seen so much pain and speak God's love into her heart, praying that it will come alive.
Lift your head a little higher
Spread the love like fire
Hope will fall like rain
When you speak life with the words you say
When my head is literally down low to the ground, cleaning up yet another puddle of Eden's on the floor or changing yet another of Isaiah's diapers, I can uplift these little ones with words of gentleness, patience, and kindness as I care for their basic needs.
Raise your thoughts a little higher
Use your words to inspire
Joy will fall like rain
When you speak life with the things you say
As Mason's wife, I have the privilege of being his full-time encourager. He's facing some incredible, huge, exciting, and intimidating decisions and changes in the near future. My words have the power to help inspire him to fulfill his purpose in life.
Words are so important! I would like to claim the prayer of Psalm 141:3 as my own: "Set a guard over my mouth, LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips." I need that guard. "We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check," says James 3:2. Can you imagine being never at fault in what you say? Later in the letter, James describes the tongue as "full of deadly poison." I know too well the piercing realization that I am spewing poison. It's a terrible feeling! It's not uncommon that I end up apologizing to at least one of our children after saying something rude or unnecessary to them. It's been quite a long time since I yelled at them, though please believe me - despite my soft, chirpy voice that you can't possibly imagine yelling and screaming - I've struggled with this in the past. I have actually had multiple friends tell me that they don't believe it's possible that I've ever struggled with anger issues! If only you could have been a fly on the wall during my first two years as a mother! What a telling commentary this is to me on how deceiving appearances can truly be! Mason would be my only witness, and by God's grace Ezekiel will probably not remember those days. Since then God has made me a new creation - and "new" happens to be my word for 2014. God is up to new things in the Martin family this year!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:18-19
Friends, I cannot tell you how strongly we are claiming that verse from Isaiah over Kamelia's life. We are fully expecting to see miracles happen right here in our home and family this year. I pray the same will be true for you as you draw near to God (at which point He promises to draw near to you) and commit to SPEAK LIFE to those around you!
TobyMac "Speak Life" http://youtu.be/7rK6O0YtBRY
www.KLOVE.com
Words are so important! I would like to claim the prayer of Psalm 141:3 as my own: "Set a guard over my mouth, LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips." I need that guard. "We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says, he is a perfect man, able to keep his whole body in check," says James 3:2. Can you imagine being never at fault in what you say? Later in the letter, James describes the tongue as "full of deadly poison." I know too well the piercing realization that I am spewing poison. It's a terrible feeling! It's not uncommon that I end up apologizing to at least one of our children after saying something rude or unnecessary to them. It's been quite a long time since I yelled at them, though please believe me - despite my soft, chirpy voice that you can't possibly imagine yelling and screaming - I've struggled with this in the past. I have actually had multiple friends tell me that they don't believe it's possible that I've ever struggled with anger issues! If only you could have been a fly on the wall during my first two years as a mother! What a telling commentary this is to me on how deceiving appearances can truly be! Mason would be my only witness, and by God's grace Ezekiel will probably not remember those days. Since then God has made me a new creation - and "new" happens to be my word for 2014. God is up to new things in the Martin family this year!
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17
"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:18-19
Friends, I cannot tell you how strongly we are claiming that verse from Isaiah over Kamelia's life. We are fully expecting to see miracles happen right here in our home and family this year. I pray the same will be true for you as you draw near to God (at which point He promises to draw near to you) and commit to SPEAK LIFE to those around you!
TobyMac "Speak Life" http://youtu.be/7rK6O0YtBRY
www.KLOVE.com
No comments:
Post a Comment