Saturday, October 4, 2008

I'm a blogger!


I have indeed decided to become a blogger. The reason for this new pasttime is that I've found myself sitting around our home alot lately - well, more like laying around our home, avoiding many of the tasks that I found great joy and fulfillment in doing just weeks ago. This picture of my prince & me has a great story behind it. It was taken one Saturday night in September, while we were at our friends' apartment for dinner and games. We were in the middle of a rousing game of Apples to Apples, a very fun game, when one of them snapped this picture. It's too bad I don't have a picture of what happened a few hours later, though, when PC (which shall heretofore be my hubby's undercover blog name) called the paramedics to hook me up to an IV and take me to the hospital. What happened in the short time between a fun game of Apples to Apples and my stay in the ER? Well, I would say it was food poisoning, but I'm not sure that was completely it. After taking a look at a blood sample, a doctor popped into my little curtained cubicle at 3 am the next morning and said, "Well, you are pregnant. You may have a tad bit of food poisoning, but I'd get used to this for the next nine months if I were you." Get used to throwing up violently everything in my body? Get used to other horrendous physical manifestations of sickness that I won't mention in my inaugural blog post? Ewwww. I wasn't looking forward to pregnancy at that moment, and I really didn't appreciate that smug doctor's pessimism! Anyway, the truth is, we had seen the two pink lines on a home pregnancy test a day or two before this happened. And now, with a great, dramatic story like this at just 4 weeks pregnant, how was I supposed to keep this secret until the end of the first trimester? Well, I didn't. :) We called our parents the very next day!

3 comments:

Patti said...

Wow, I'm never the first one at ANYTHING except procrastinating and here I get to leave the first comment on your blog! And a pox on that doctor who made it sound like you had to get used to having FOOD POISONING for 9 months. ;-) Normal yukkiness must be a piece of cake compared to that. I'm excited to see your new blog but by the time it really gets going you'll be feeling great and won't have the time to maintain it and then I'll be sad not seeing updates as often as I'd like. (Meaning every 2 hours :-)
Much love to all 3 of you,
Mom

Christen said...

Haha well this might be the only comment on my blog, ever...of course you would read my blog first, you're my mom and are interested in the piddly details of my day! :-P

Patti said...

And your point is.....??? :-D Just wait till you make this public!