There have been at least a few times in my life when I turned around, looked at something that had just happened and said, "thanks, God, you timed that just perfectly," but I don't think I've ever felt that as much as I did yesterday. Just 2 days after getting Great White (it's a temporary name until we think of something more creative), PC had to go to work at the same time that I had to get to the hospital across town for an urgent appointment with only a moment's notice. It seems easy, my jumping in Ruby and PC heading back to work in the SUV, but it's tempting to think what in the world we would have done if this had happened last week! The truth is that it DIDN'T happen last week, and rather than pondering what-ifs, I can just say thank you LORD for charting out the course ahead of us. I believe that my seeing the doctor and getting the treatment I received was important, but I may never know just how important; and equally important was PC getting back to base for an ever-full day of class. This photo perfectly captures my joy at the blessing of having two vehicles, with so many people in the world being so far from owning even one! Of course, I was also just relieved that our new trunk was big enough for me to sit down in after a long afternoon of car shopping and fighting queasiness. On a sidenote, I irreparably ripped my favorite denim shorts EVER on my way out of the trunk...but it's okay, they were getting too tight anyway. :)
1 comment:
You DO have an Old Navy nearby, right? :-)
Post a Comment