Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ohhhhh...

That is the noise I made for most of today in a low, groaning, moaning tone while clutching my stomach or putting my hand over my face. Since I'm pretty sure the only person reading this is Mom, I can elaborate about how bad I feel for a minute (the blog is a therapeutic outlet!). I've been sick for over 4 weeks now, which I know is nothing to complain about considering that I'm getting to enjoy the very special feeling of being pregnant for the first time, but it's really hard to keep my attitude positive. I don't feel like myself at ALL, I've retreated from the social world, and I can't take the best care of PC in this condition. I think I'm in or approaching the peak of sickness, since it's supposed to be around 9-10 weeks and I'm coming up on 8 1/2. It just stinks so bad! But I guess this is my job right now, to get through this and spend my ample downtime praying for Nemo (did I say yet that we call him/her Nemo?), PC and anybody else that the Lord puts on my heart. His grace is definitely sufficient for me to get through this alive - His power is made perfect in my weakness, and this is near the weakest I've ever been! Also I need to remember to give thanks in everything, which really isn't that hard when I think about how incredibly blessed I am and how these uncomfortable circumstances actually signify that God is blessing us with a child, which is absolutely something to thank Him for! In the back of my mind is the thought that I may want to reconsider my vision of a house full of kids if I have to feel like this every time, though!!! I've always wanted to investigate adoption, maybe that will be how we have our next child...:-) For the time being though, PC likes to laugh at me when I get really frustrated with my sickness and say "I feel like crap crap crappity crap, this suck suck suckity sucks!" That was one of my lowpoints. Haha, it even looks funny!

2 comments:

When I said I do . . . said...

I'm sorry that you are feeling so bad. I'm sure that when you get to the end of all this and have YOUR child in your arms, you'll be ready to do it all over again! You're giving me so much to look forward to. This is the side of pregnancy that is not talked about much. I'm glad that you shared this with me. You and your family are in my prayers!
-Molly

Patti said...

Hey, how come I checked this yesterday and this old post wasn't there, but today it IS? What kind of mother am I to wait almost 2 weeks to respond to her sick pregnant daughter's blog!! But it REALLY wasn't here yesterday. At least I didn't SEE it, which could be a much more factual statement than claiming it wasn't here. And did you actually say 'crap'? Man, you MUST have been low! :-) But some pretty good highs ahead!