Thanks, Kristin, for that sixth picture tag! I delved into the depths of our external hard drive to find the TRUE sixth picture in the sixth photo folder in our possession, this after deciding that the pics stored on our computer were too recent to be interesting and that there was no way I could engineer a good story

that way. If I had stuck with what was stored on the computer's hard drive, I would have had to post a picture of a wall - for real, it was a wall! That would have been a drag. But I happen to have just organized all our folders on the external drive a couple of weeks ago, and guess what the sixth folder happened to be? My summer 2006 trip to California! Incidentally this is from the day I met Kristin and all my other cousins face to face for the first time. Anyway, I *think* this is second cousin Caroline who is bequeathing a white rose to Grandpa for his surprise 90th birthday party. If you look in the background you will see an assortment of other cousins, including myself sitting next to Katie. That was a fun visit, and I had a great time meeting all my relatives that I had only heard about! That was almost 3 years ago, crazy.
Moving on, I meant to post a belly pic last week, but decided I should wait until I had more interesting things to say. Here is my 24 week pic!

I'm actually at 25 1/2 weeks right now, but you know, looking good for these shots can be hit or miss, and 25 weeks was a miss. I looked like a balloon, but it wasn't my fault; it was the shirt. :) Some days I feel that I look very large, and other days I wonder, is there really somebody in there? I'd think he would show a little more! But regardless of how I look, I definitely feel full inside, especially at the end of the day. It's a little early to have trouble bending over, but I am. I'm also getting tired of wearing the 5 shirts I own that cover my belly. Looking at all the clothes in my dresser and closet that don't fit is kind of frustrating because I miss the variety, but after I have the baby and lose some weight it'll be like Christmas Day breaking out all my old "new" clothes!
Speaking of variety, PC and I wanted to do something new and exciting last week. We're happy staying in the local area most of the time, but had heard about the concept of a babymoon and decided to take a mini-babymoon to Austin for the weekend! It was

great. We stayed in a very nice suite downtown where we watched the Discovery Channel and Nickelodeon (we don't have cable at home), ate good food, spent quality time together and gave ourselves a walking tour of the city including the University of Texas! I am NOT a big fan of downtowns in general, but it's fun with him because I always feel safe. I didn't get any really good photos of us together (that's always weird when there are just 2 of you), but he looked really cute standing by our window in the sunlight!!! Here he is probably anticipating the Lyndon B. Johnson museum that we would see later...he loves American history, so we went in search of this museum on the campus of UT that took forever to find. Fortunately it was a beautiful day for a walk, and I love seeing him happy even if I am not too enthralled with the subject matter. :)

Texas has a huge issue with stars. I haven't researched why this is, but there must be a good reason! This is one of the biggest I have seen here to date, right outside the campus of UT (which is a beautiful school by the way!). I asked PC if he wanted his pic in front of the star, and his response was "I'm not putting my arms up like that." I hope I didn't embarrass him too much. :) Being on a college campus again was fun. At first we felt old, but then we realized that at 22 we're both probably younger than alot of the people walking around there! So that was last weekend, and this weekend we're just going to take it easy around here, work out together, go on a date...that's how we like it. The rodeo is in town though so we're planning a day to check it out this month! As for this afternoon, our base has a New Parent Support Program briefing where we are rumored to be receiving a "free layette." Neither of us really knows what a layette is, but we will find out. He's coming home so we can go together, so that's all for now!
4 comments:
Oh, I SOOOO need a babymoon. We go out on a date most Saturday nights, but those dates will include an infant very soon!
What a great update! You still look fabulous. Glad you enjoyed the babymoon. We actually had one this last time as an early 10-year anniversary celebration. It was wonderful.
Fun picture!
And I was 22 when I had my first baby too.
How fun---What a great time of life you are at right now---drink deep of your freedom and time together---because it is about to get a bit more fun!! (Well truthfully--it really changes when your baby is about 8 months or so--it's great!) We are excited for you!
Layette = clothes and trust me you'll need them! :) The best clothing item we recieved was a long night shirt/gown that goes over their little legs and has elastic in the bottom instead of snaps or buttons. I thought it looked like it should be for a girl but realized the grandness of its unisex design when I could simply pull it over MM's legs and didn't have to fuss with snaps or buttons at 3AM diaper changes! :)
Post a Comment