Sunday, April 12, 2009

Enough about me...

Happy Easter! I've talked alot about me, me and our pregnancy, me me me, so here is a post dedicated to my wonderful, cute hubby and his cuteness! He probably wouldn't be embarrassed by my saying this because I talk that way to him every day. He is just really, really cute.

In my last post I talked about his scarf drop, and here he is in his lovely blue nav scarf standing in front of the door that he will never have to go through again! He spent a few weeks in there for the electronic warfare portion of training, and he did not like it very much; hence the choice to pursue advanced navigation instead of electronic warfare. He's doing great in these final months of training, evidence that he made a very good decision in choosing his course!


A couple of weeks after that, something else exciting happened: my PC turned 23! He is such an old man now. :) To wrap his presents I used this sophisticated Tonka bag we got from our baby shower, the manliest I could find. He opened his presents (a season of '24', a WWII video game and the coveted Reester Bunny) and then we went to the Riverwalk to eat at a place called County Line Barbecue for some TRULY good Texas barbecue. Even I liked it, and it's not really my thing! Up until we found this place, every BBQ place we've tried here has been disappointing, particularly to me because they serve their meat with Wonder Bread. We talked to several native Texans about why this is so, and they insist that barbecue is about the meat, not the bread, but really - Wonder Bread? That's enough to ruin any meal, no matter how good tasting it may have otherwise been. At County Line, what sold me was their homemade wheat bread. Mmmmm, it was good!

The birthday boy liked it too, as you can see. We took home plenty of leftovers that night!







After walking around for a little while, we came back home because PC was super excited about his cake. By "walking around," I mean strolling for about 1/4 of a mile before I had to stop for intermittent twinges of discomfort to pass. In all fairness though, I had just eaten alot, and we had a nice walk on the river before dinner. PC was a very good sport though and drove us home for dessert! He had requested an ice cream cake, and of course I would not go out and buy my husband a premade birthday cake - where would the love be? So I made one myself, thanks to kraftfoods.com and my mom having made it for us before! Mine didn't make for the neatest presentation on the outside, but inside were decadent layers of chocolate yumminess with a hint of peanut butter (but with as many fat free ingredients as I could find so we could minimize the nutritional guilt). He was so grateful for it, but then again he's grateful for most anything!

And thus went my fantastic husband's 23rd birthday. It's been about three weeks, and we've watched more episodes of '24' Season Six together than I can recall at the moment, which has been really nice since we usually don't get into the same TV shows! As excited as I am about having our baby in a few weeks, I'm also grateful for our last few weeks with just the two of us - even though the growing discomfort of not being able to breathe, move, or function very well has made both of us excited to get this show on the road so I can regain full possession of my body! With all of the growing and anticipation, it's getting harder to act nicely, but that's no excuse. PC is still the greatest, like today after I left for the doctor in a bad mood because I felt super crunched for time, he left me a note and a snack in the fridge before he left for his afternoon & evening simulator. I saw that cute little wrap sitting on the shelf and couldn't help but sniffle and sob out of thankfulness for having such a loving and generous guy with which to share life. :)












1 comment:

Carrie said...

It was good to hear a bit about your husband, since I've never met him! Glad you're hanging in there. We only have a few more weeks to go! Ready or not, here they come...