
Ahhhh. Isn't this a whimsical and romantic image if ever there was one? Well, for me it is. I just ran across it in a random picture file and feel compelled to mention that yesterday was our 2.5 year wedding anniversary, and it's been almost 4 years now since my Prince Charming proposed to me in front of Cinderella's Castle in Magic Kingdom (as pictured above). E has been with us outside the womb for 0.5 of those years, but before him we enjoyed two great years with just the two of us. I never, ever find myself wishing us back to the days before we had our pudgeball, though. I sometimes reminisce fondly about things we were able to do back then, but they are never so enticing that I would wish myself back to that time. Even though we have to be more creative now as far as spending one-on-one time together, M and I are happy to report that we're still happily married. Poo poo on those who said I shouldn't marry the first boy who came along, and that I would never find the right man if I didn't date around. Well, I don't really wish poo on them, but as a figure of speech - they were wrong in their advice to me, and although I knew so at the time, I'm glad to have proven the advice wrong. :)
The magical castle image reminded me that we're going to visit said magical castle next month! I can't wait for Christmas, when we will once again frolic through the streets of Disney World. I've done alot of frolicking there in my life, and my parents made sure I'd have someone to frolic with forever when they gave M a Disney pass while we were dating. Of course, now my mom just gets us all in for free. But DON'T go hitting her up for passes, there's a limited amount and she doesn't just hand them out to anyone! Be nice and she might offer you some though.
Thanksgiving is upon us now, and at the moment I'm thankful that E has gotten into a new routine of one 30 minute morning nap and then a 2 hour afternoon nap, which is currently underway. By "routine" I mean it's happened for 2 days in a row, and it's been glorious. When he doesn't get a long nap during the day, he's not a happy camper and usually ends up staying up til midnight because he's too tired to fall asleep...but that's nothing special, I think all kids are probably that way. I can't believe he's been asleep for long enough that I'm blue-skying about random things on my blog!!! This is great, I could get used to it, I'll just have to think of more scintillating topics to cover on here!
This isn't very scintillating, but I just have to say I'm very happy with the time it took to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. If God has more pregnancies in our future, I sure hope they're as smooth as our first and with such a seamless (no pun intended!) recovery. I'm back to where I started, but there's some redistribution of weight going on which of course makes me look different in certain ways and places...but you know, if it was swimsuit season, I would buy myself a new, flattering two-piece and wear it proudly. Hopefully that will happen this summer.
I am getting REALLY cold sitting in this spot on the couch under the window. The 60 degree air is cascading in through the glass and I can't handle it anymore. Yup, it's a good thing we're not going to Minot AFB after all. :)
1 comment:
You're COLD????? Oh boy, that Florida upbringing has ruined you for life!!!!
Post a Comment